Texas heat and Austin’s “stop and go” driving takes its toll on your vehicle’s transmission. From a slipping clutch, to a transmission rebuild, let the professionals at Lamb’s help you keep you on the road. We pay close attention to transmission fluid, for good reason. Transmission fluid is often referred to as the hardest working fluid in your car. It is responsible for 1) lubricating hundreds of moving parts in your transmission, 2) serving as a coolant to reduce the tremendous temperatures created in normal use, 3) keeping the transmission clean and free of contaminants, and 4) maintaining the hydraulic properties that allow your transmission to shift properly under constantly changing conditions. If the fluid is left in beyond its useful life, wear and deterioration of the bearings, clutches, and other internal components can lead to transmission failure and require overhaul or replacement. Lamb’s Tire & Automotive’s ASE certified technicians follow the manufactures recommend service schedule and employ the most advanced equipment allowing us to replace every bit of the fluid in the entire transmission. This equipment also flushes out any impurities that could contaminate the new fluid, leaving the transmission with fluid as clean as the day it was new.
Lamb’s Transmission and Clutch related services
- Complete transmission rebuilding
- Electronic solenoid diagnosis and replacement
- Clutch disc, pressure plate, and flywheel service.
- Machine driven exchange and flush of old transmission fluid.
- Transmission filter change in certain applications.
- Power flush of internal and external transmission coolers as applicable.
Transmission and Clutch system warnings:
- Rough shifts.
- “Slipping” when transmission changes gears.
- Not following vehicle manufacturer guidelines on scheduled fluid maintenance.
- Smoking, or higher than normal temperatures, when towing.