As you drive your car, carbon deposits build up on fuel injectors, engine valves, and in the combustion chambers. Deposits also form on the throttle body and in the intake manifold, as well as in the catalytic converter. This accumulation of carbon and sludge can cause a drastic drop in both fuel economy and performance. Fuel additives are largely ineffective because they target only the fuel injectors and are not concentrated enough to clean away stubborn carbon build up. They do nothing to address the other areas that are arguably more important than the fuel injectors. The only proven way to clean the entire fuel and intake systems, as well as the combustion chambers, engine valves, and catalytic converter, is by performing a comprehensive Fuel Injection Service. For this service to be effective, it must be performed by a qualified technician using the proper equipment and solvent solution. The technicians at Lamb’s Tire & Automotive can provide the proper method of keeping your fuel injection system functioning as it was designed.
Lamb’s Fuel Injection System Services:
- Visual inspection of fuel leaks around injectors, if applicable.
- Fuel pressure bleed-down testing.
- Injector contribution testing, if applicable.
- Complete repair/replacement of injectors, regulated components, filters, and fuel pumps.
Fuel System Warning Signs:
- Your vehicle is hesitating.
- Your vehicle is having trouble starting.
- Your vehicle is achieving poor gas mileage.
- Your vehicle is operating sluggish with poor performance.