Today’s vehicles use technology to increase performance, while decreasing fuel consumption and the regularity of needing a tune up. However, the ability of your car’s computerized control system is limited when the sensors and components that deliver information don’t function properly. When this occurs, your car will alert you to a problem by turning on a warning light, commonly known as a “Check Engine Light”. More than just a “code”, this alert informs a professional technician that a sensor is providing data that is out of range or not providing data at all, and the related system needs review to properly determine why the sensor is not functioning as intended. Rather than just replacing the sensor that alerted you of the problem, Lamb’s Tire & Automotive’s ASE certified technicians review the entire diagnostic data-stream to determine what the real cause of the warning is. This ensures that you don’t waste money replacing parts that are just the messenger, and not the problem.
Lamb’s Engine Diagnostics and Performance tuning services:
- Advanced computerized data acquisition and analysis.
- Fail/No-Fail testing of components to ensure accuracy of diagnostics.
- Complete repair/replacement of PCM, ECM, CAN networks, Body Control Modules, control sensors and solenoids, re-flash factory data files (as applicable).
- Test drive to verify concerns.
Engine Diagnostic and Performance warnings:
- Your engine dash warning lights comes on.
- You lose power.
- Your gas mileage drops.
- Your engine “knocks” when it accelerates.
- Your engine stalls.
- Your engine starts hard, even when the battery easily turns the engine over.
- Your engine continues to run after you turn the ignition off.
- There is a noxious (harmful) exhaust odor.
- Your engine runs rough at any or all speeds.
- Your engine backfires, spits or pops.