With the complexity of today’s computerized vehicle systems, maintaining proper electrical supply is critical. A properly functioning electrical system provides the necessary current for the vehicle to perform as designed. However, when supply becomes unstable, so can vehicle systems performance. A dead battery is many times an indication of another problem. Using state-of-the-art electronic equipment, we diagnose the most common electrical system problems in today’s vehicles. This check ensures that all electrical systems are operating properly to achieve maximum life and dependability.
Lamb’s Battery, Charging & Starting services:
- A full analysis of your battery’s condition, including its state of charge and ability to hold a charge.
- An inspection and analysis of the vehicle’s starting and charging system, including the starter, the alternator and the voltage regulator to ensure proper charging to maximize the life of the battery.
- An inspection of and adjustment of the alternator belt if necessary (a loose alternator belt can cause your battery to discharge prematurely).
- A cleaning of the batteries connection and cable ends, as well as an application of corrosion protection if approved.
- Professional battery installation, including cleaning the battery tray and cable ends to ensure good, clean connections.
Battery and Charging/Starting system warnings:
- Flickering lights on dash or headlights.
- Electrical components not working properly.
- Battery warning light on dash.
- No start, long crank time when starting.